You’ve done the countdown, popped the bubbly and kissed your sweetheart! A new year has officially begun, and some resolutions have likely been made. You swear that this year will be different. You’re going to crush your new goals! It’s 2020 after all: a big year, a new decade, and it just has such a cool ring to it.
Setting new year’s resolutions has become commonplace. Most of us do it habitually at the end of each year and set out with the greatest of intentions to make various changes and improvements. Some realistic. Some not so much.
A few of the most popular resolutions (you might recognize a few) include:
- living a healthier lifestyle through diet and exercise
- reducing and managing stress
- succeeding in your professional life
- improving relationships
- finding balance and learning to prioritize
All fantastic and ideal goals! So why are they so difficult to achieve? We begin the year brimming with self-discipline and determination, but by the end of January most of our willpower has fizzled away. Perhaps we’re expecting too much too quickly. Nowadays you can find a self-help book, 30-day challenge, or app to guide you down the path to almost any type of success, but maybe there’s a better way?
Working in the world of wellness, we at Sanctuary feel there could be a link between finding the resolve and effectiveness to make things happen and self-care. If you’re wondering how you’re supposed to achieve your 2020 goals when you’re busy devoting time to self-care, allow us to explain.
The Mighty Powers of Self-Care:
- Making yourself a priority naturally elevates self-esteem and confidence
- Caring for yourself helps you care more lovingly for others, without resentment
- Self-care renews your energy making you more lively, adaptable and positive
- Self-care teaches you to be present and calm, allowing you to respond well to stress
- Feeling good on the inside shows on the outside and perks up your aura
For 2020 we challenge you to put yourself first. Say no to overscheduling and trying to please everyone but yourself. Say yes to some me-time and treating yourself to a much-deserved break.
Consider Sanctuary your self-care starting point. Treat yourself to regular spa visits whether they be for monthly massage or a weekly manicure. More than simply pampering, dedicating special time to care for your physical, emotional and mental wellness will make you more successful in all areas of your life.
Happy 2020 from our family to yours!